What is Bhawishya?
Bhawishya is Science fair same like other but the participation has to make their project on the venue which is organized Karkhana targetting young students aged 8-14. In this event, students get a platform to realize and solve real-world problems
It is a challenge involving Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design and Mathematics (STEAM) subjects where students work in a team of 3 students to build a project/working prototype that solves a real-world problem in Nepal. The problem that team is trying to solve is recommended (not compulsory) to addresses one or more goals mentioned in the Sustainable Development Goals but within a certain time frame. Students would have to build the project in the event venue itself and would be judged on the building process.
PURPOSE OF BHAWISHYA
- To organize a national level science and technology event (This is the first of its kind so for this year, we are only doing it for Kathmandu valley).
- Engage different youth organizations working in science and education sector.
- To promote scientific thinking rather than the science subject alone.
- To provide a platform for young minds to engage in subjects like Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design and Mathematics (STEAM).
- To engage youth to align their thinking towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)