What is Bhawishya?
Bhawishya is Science fair same like other but the participation has to make their project on the venue which is organized by Ministry of Science and Technology co-organized by Nepal Academy of Science and Technology along with organizing partners like Karkhana, Robotics Association of Nepal and Nepal Innovation Lab targetting young students aged 8-14. In this event, students get a platform to realize and solve real-world problems
It is a challenge involving Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design and Mathematics (STEAM) subjects where students work in a team of 3 students to build a project/working prototype that solves a real-world problem in Nepal. The problem that team is trying to solve is recommended (not compulsory) to addresses one or more goals mentioned in the Sustainable Development Goals but within a certain time frame. Students would have to build the project in the event venue itself and would be judged on the building process.
PURPOSE OF BHAWISHYA
- To organize a national level science and technology event (This is the first of its kind so for this year, we are only doing it for Kathmandu valley).
- Engage different youth organizations working in science and education sector.
- To promote scientific thinking rather than the science subject alone.
- To provide a platform for young minds to engage in subjects like Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design and Mathematics (STEAM).
- To engage youth to align their thinking towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Where: Nepal Army Sports and Training Center, Lagankhel, Lalitpur
- When: Falgun 2, 2074 (February 14, 2018)
- Registration Fee: NPR 1000/- Includes:
- Food and snacks in the event venue
- Certificates of Participation
- Certificates of Merit for winners